WHAT?! Breakthrough POWER Super Upgrade! POWER+ = POWER + More Stuff!
Breakthrough POWER has been a staple at AdvancedSupps.com since its launch in July 2017. It's been a complete hit for muscle strength and growth without the bloating or loading of many creatine products. It incorporates Creatine Pyruvate, along with Creatine Hydrochloride, to increase endurance and buffer lactic acid in the muscle.
It was designed to be the unique and ideal Creatine product that it became.
BUT NOW THERE IS POWER+!
POWER+ is the original Breakthrough POWER Creatine Product PLUS Additional Pump + Strength + Mass catalysts! It combines the old Breakthrough POWER formula with Methyl-D-Aspartic Acid, Tribulus, LongJack, and enteric coated capsules to become the brand new Super-Charged Breakthrough POWER+ from Breakthrough Labz!
Inspired by BioRhythm's Methyl CreaTest, one of the most popular products we've ever carried
Methyl CreaTest featured 200mg of Methyl-D-Aspartic Acid, the methylated and much more powerful derivative of D-Aspartic Acid (DAA).
POWER+ contains 2.5 times the amount of Methyl DAA as Methyl CreaTest!
Methyl CreaTest also combined libido-surging LongJack and vascularity-enhancing Vanadyl Sulfate.
LongJack and Tribulus are added to the new POWER+ for that libido-surge and mood enhancement to get you going at the gym.
Vanadyl Sulfate from Methyl CreaTest is replaced with BMOV, an organic form of Vanadium that is essentially the combination of Vanadyl Sulfate with Maltol, giving it more than twice the biological activity of Vanadyl Sulfate. It boosts endurance, supports muscle growth and hardness, reduces cholesterol, increases satiety, mimics insulin, and decreases sugar absorption (detering sugar away from intestinal absorption and instead into the muscles for use as energy).
Let's not forget POWER+ utilizes Enteric Coated Capsule Technology, effectively doubling the strength of the product versus the identical product using regular capsules that are destroyed in the stomach and poorly absorbed.
To recap, what's so great about POWER+?
- Breakthrough POWER was awesome in the begin with, but here's the supercharged version
- Methyl D-Aspartic Acid = 500mg (2.5x that of BioRhythm's popular Methyl Createst)
- Addition of Tribulus and LongJack = mood + test + libido boosting
- Enteric Coated Capsule Technology = Higher Rate of Absorption!
Reasons for using Breakthrough POWER+
- Boosts muscle strength & growth
- No bloating or loading required
- Increases endurance and buffer lactic acid in the muscle
- Enhances mood, test, and libido pre-workout
- Pushes sugar towards the muscles to use as energy
- Gives you that extra push to train longer and harder at the gym
A LOOK AT THE KEY INGREDIENTS
Creatine HCL (Hydrochloride): What is it?
Creatine is a naturally occurring chemical found within the body, normally in the muscles. It is also found in certain foods and may be obtained through supplementation. It is widely used among athletes in a wide range of sports for the primary purpose of supplementing exercise performance and promoting lean muscle. Creatine HCL is one of the newest iterations of creatine to hit the market; however, it is also significantly more potent.
One form of creatine most impressive is creatine hydrochloride, which is creatine attached to hydrochloric acid. One study found that creatine hydrochloride was absorbed by the body more than 60% better than creatine monohydrate. This allows for a lower dose of creatine to be needed, as well as enhanced results. It also prevents stomach discomfort and any water retention under the skin that some report with creatine monohydrate.
This is the primary difference between Creatine HCL and other types of creatine like monohydrate. It does not require a loading phase and calls for a significantly smaller dosage while still delivering the same benefits.
Creatine HCL Benefits
Creatine hydrochloride’s main benefit is helping to supplement healthy muscle. This is thought to be due to an increase in the production and supply of ATP to working muscle cells. This also promotes muscular energy, helping to avoid lactic acid build-up and allowing for longer and more intense workouts.
What Is Creatine Pyruvate?
Creatine pyruvate is a novel form of creatine that is designed to enhance creatine’s absorption over the traditional form of creatine, namely, creatine monohydrate. Creatine pyruvate is 60% creatine and 40% pyruvate by weight.
Benefits of Creatine Pyruvate
Creatine pyruvate has the advantage of being better soluble in water than creatine monohydrate and thus can be sold as a component of sports drinks or in the form of effervescent tablets. After ingestion, the creatine-pyruvate molecule in the acid environment of the stomach rapidly splits to form creatine and pyruvate, and thus from a theoretical point of view might also combine the beneficial effects of creatine supplementation on the one hand, and the presumed ergogenic action of pyruvate on the other hand. Indeed, sponsored advertisements claim that the bioavailability of creatine originating from creatine pyruvate ingestion is better than for creatine monohydrate. Studies comparing the two forms have shown creatine pyruvate has the same beneficial properties of creatine monohydrate with regard to muscle strength, size and power in response to weight training.
In addition, one big advantage to creatine pyruvate is that it has pyruvate, which boosts endurance and buffers lactic acid in the muscle, allowing you to train harder for longer.
What is BMOV (Potent form of Vanadyl Sulfate)?
Vanadyl Sulfate and BMOV are derived from the trace mineral Vanadium. BMOV is simply Vanadyl Sulfate complexes with Maltol, a naturally occurring food additive. Most recent studies suggest that BMOV has about twice the biological activity of Vanadyl Sulfate.
BMOV boosts endurance, supports anabolism, and promotes muscle hardness.
Vanadyl Sulphate mimics insulin action that helps to improve glucose tolerance, inhibits cholesterol synthesis, and improve mineralization of bones and teeth. And soo, BMOV is also a potent insulin mimic. Results have shown that BMOV significantly decreases plasma glucose levels in diabetic rats at all given doses, and restores hyperglycemic values to normal. BMOV inhibits protein tyrosine phosphatases.
Benefits of BMOV:
- Increasing muscle growth. BMOV boosts endurance, supports anabolism, and promotes muscle hardness.
- Helping with blood glucose. Vanadium in small doses may play a role in weight loss by reducing sugar levels in the blood.
- Reducing sugar absorption. The element, V, deters sugar away from intestinal absorption and toward muscles for use as energy.
- Increasing satiety. Consuming vanadium may make you feel more full.
- Mimicking insulin. Improving glucose tolerance.
What is N-Methyl-D-Aspartic-Acid?
(NMDA) is an amino acid antagonist. When consumed it is shown help improve the production of growth hormone, FSH and LH, making it a powerful testosterone production catalyst.
What does N-Methyl-D-Aspartic-Acid do?
N-Methyl-D-Aspartic Acid binds to NMDA receptor sites in the brain, mimicking the effects of glutamate, the primary neurotransmitter in the central nervous system.
When NMDARs become activated, it stimulates the secretion of Pregnenolone (P5); a steroid hormone that is a precursor to mineralocorticoids, estrogens, androgens, glucocorticoids, neuroactive steroids and progesterones.
Increased levels of these hormones can improve mental energy levels, mood and more.
The activation of the NMDA receptor sites also promotes the synthesis and utilization of anabolic hormones via the endocrine system.
This means that increasing NMDA activity may affect levels of testosterone, HGH (human growth hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone), FSH (follicle stimulating hormone), and other androgenic hormones.
We do know that NMDA receptors in the brain are involved in regulating testosterone secretions and supplements that stimulate these receptors have been shown to increase testosterone levels in men with low levels.
Benefits of N-Methyl-D-Aspartic-Acid?
- Enhances athletic performance
- Increase energy levels and mood
- Boosts Libido
- Increases Testosterone
- Raises LH, FSH, HGH levels
- Boosts cognitive function
MORE ON ENTERIC CAPSULE TECHNOLOGY
This delivery system is known as an enteric coating. This is usually only used with advanced pharmaceutical products.
The enteric coating that we use contains a pH sensitive polymer, which means that it remains intact in the acidic environment of the stomach (pH 1.5 - 3.5), protecting the contents of the tablet.
After passing through the stomach the coating then disintegrates in the small intestine (duodenum) which has an alkaline environment (pH 6.5 - 7.6).
The enteric coating is inert and simply passes through your system without any effect at all. The coating we use is manufactured by Colorcon, a world leader in the development and manufacturing of delayed and immediate release coatings for both pharmaceutical and dietary supplement products. This coating has been thoroughly proven for both safety and efficacy.
Apart from the protection that this system provides for those ingredients in our enteric coated products which could be damaged by stomach acid, it also prevents any irritation of the gastric mucosa in the stomach, which is common with many supplements and drugs.
What are the Benefits of Enteric Coated Capsules?
For some formulations, Enteric Coated Capsules are an ideal choice. This is because they:
- Overwhelmingly increase absorption rates - The absorption of high quality supplements can increase from as low as 10% (depending on the individual) to 80% or more.
- Will not dissolve in the mouth – Enteric Coated Capsules are perfect for drugs that are acid-activated, as they prevent the drug from activating in the mouth or esophagus.
- Will not irritate the stomach – Many drugs, such as aspirin, can irritate the stomach. Because they pass through the stomach intact, Enteric Coated Capsules avoid this problem.
- Can preserve enzyme activity – Most tablets break down in the highly acidic environment of the stomach. Unfortunately, depending on the product’s formulation, this acidic environment can also negatively impact the desired enzyme activity. Enteric Coated Capsules protect the enzymes so that they can be absorbed, at their highest activity levels, in the small intestine.
- Take longer to dissolve – While most capsules dissolve within 15 minutes, Enteric Coated Capsules do not dissolve until approximately one to two hours after ingestion, when they reach the small intestine. These capsules can therefore provide a “timed-release” affect.
Although enteric coating is a common technology employed with expensive pharmaceutical medications, it is rarely seen in the nutritional supplement industry!
That’s because most supplements are manufactured to a price rather than from a ‘best science’ perspective. Pharmaceuticals always work because they must be based on ‘best science’ since FDA regulations require proof that they work.
The manufacturer of Xtend-Life claims over 80% absorption of ingredients when using enteric coated capsules. An extremely high level for a nutritional or dietary supplement.
Some experts believe that (in non enteric coated products) the bioavailability of vitamins (i.e. all the contents) is only 10-15% due to damage from gastric juices and enzymes in the stomach. This is a gray area however as there is little conclusive research available dealing with absorption rates since so many individual factors come into play from person to person.